HYLOMAR (Again)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: HYLOMAR (Again)
From: MULLENT@YMV5.YMP.GOV
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 15:47:33 -0800 (PST)
I hate to bring up old threads, but what the heck...

As it was left last time, it was stated that Locktite made Hylomar.
Well...   I was cleaning my garage Sunday, and came across the empty
box that my tube of Hylomar came in.  Reading from the side of the
box:

Manufactured under licence from Rolls - Royce plc
to their specification PL32/M by

Marston Lubricants Ltd
Adhesives & Sealants Division,
Hylo House, Cale Lane,
New Springs, Wigan WN2 1JR.
Tel: 0942 824242, Telex: 67230,
Fax: 0942 826653.

So...   *MY* tube of Hylomar was made in the UK, maybe Locktite also
has a licence to make/sell Hylomar in the US...    In any case, it's
still the best "gasket & jointing compound" (it's printed on the box)
that I have found.

Tim Mullen      mullent@ymv5.ymp.gov    Chantilly, VA
72 Elan Sprint  "For the few who know the difference"