TR7/8 Open Letter to Parts Venders

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7/8 Open Letter to Parts Venders
From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 22:57:21 MDT
The following is a message I am forwarding on behalf of Chris J Hansel,
and is NOT WRITTEN BY ME. Please reply DIRECTLY to him at:

CKDF98A@prodigy.com

This problem is one that I can strongly relate to! PLEASE lend your
support to our cause if you agree...

The forwarded message follows:
------------------------------
Good Morning all:
I plan on including the following open letter in the next issue of "The
Vintage Triumph" and I would hope as many of you as possible would sign
this poor man's manifesto. If you agree, and would like to sign this
letter, please also list your Wedges and any awards they have won below you
signature. To keep it short just e-mail me back your name and car info.
This is something I think we all must get behind if we are are to continue
to drive these cars into the 21 century. We have to let
the vendors know they can no longer continue to ignore us.

WE the undersigned, being owners and enthusiasts of the TR7 and TR8 models
of Triumph sport cars, request the attention of the world's aftermarket
Triumph parts vendors. We have for years now watched in growing concern and
frustration the worldwide decline in availability of TR7/8 parts. Currently
it appears several hundred parts are NLS with no chance of being
re-manufactured. It would seem vendors feel there is a lack of interest in
these cars, and not enough people are trying to keep them on the road to be
bothered with. We believe this has become a self fulfilling prophesy.
Currently it is not possible to restore a TR7/8 to original condition, due
to this fewer and fewer people are trying. In spite of a high percentage of
loss among the approximately 116,000 of original production, all types, it
is estimated that 30,000 to 35,000 survive worldwide. As federal emissions
laws will make it harder to keep all of these vehicles on the road we must
act now in order to ensure the future of the last of the great Triumph
sports car. Would you please help us?

The following have already agreed to sign this letter, IVAN LOVE, DENNIS
RILEY, CHRIS HANSEL, BILL SWEETING, MIKE DE ANDRADE, BOB YEAGER, STEVE
REED, BILL SOHL, GEORGE HUGHES, BRUCE STROCK, AND BUZZ ANTHONY.I'm hoping
the club leaders in England will also agree to sign on. Plus I will being
sending a copy to the major vendors as soon as I have as many names as I
can of TR7/8 owners. Thank You Chris Hansel