TR8 for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR8 for sale
From: Bob "Mr Optimistic" Deasy <deasy@sequent.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 94 14:25:05 -0700
All I know is in this post and I am passing it along for general consumption

From: bill_moore@smtp.esl.com (Bill Moore)
Subject: For Sale: 1980 Triumph TR8 Coupe
Date: 12 Sep 1994 22:55:51 GMT

1980 TR8 Coupe for sale by original owner:

3.5 liter V8 (carbureted); 5 speed; 104,000 miles
Rare coupe - most TR8s are convertibles

Performance mods:
3-piece Marsh racing wheels, 15x7 F, 15x8 R; Huffaker springs and anti-sway
bars; Firm suspension bushings; Konis (front); Custom disk brakes: JFZ 12"
vented rotors, 4 piston calipers, stainless lines, Tilton masters w/balance
beam; Cusom free-flow exhaust w/Lo-back mufflers

Recent maintenance:
New carbs; fresh battery; new strut boots and bump-stops; Delco alternator

Spares:
All the original parts including the factory alloys; 5 speed with
quickie-rebuild kit (main bearings and oil pump); struts and rear axle
(from 5 speed TR7); Huffaker headers

New parts (not installed):
Aero kit with skirts and dams (England); complete clutch kit; rear wheel
bearing kit; front bumper skin and plastic parts; LH window crank; rear
window rubber; tail-lamp assy gaskets; door handle gaskets; pedal pads;
fuel level sender assy

Also available at additional cost:
New limited slip differential (England); Rare Huffaker (Leyland) 4-bbl
manifold with Holley carb, air cleaner, and complete plumbing (Earl's)
including remote thermostat housing - debugged and ready to bolt on

Asking $4500. Clean, maintained, and driven daily, Bay Area, CA. No rust
but bad paint.

E-mail "bill_moore@smtp.esl.com" or call 408-738-2888 x 5950 days,
408-946-2815 evenings and weekends.