Tire sizes spreadsheet

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire sizes spreadsheet
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 16:59:17 -0500 (CDT)
After a few abortive attempts, I have succeeded in educating myself in FTP
sufficiently to get my spreadsheet for tire sizes and speeds onto the
server.  It is only about 3K.  You can expand it to take in as many tire
sizes as you want by copying done the formulae once you get it into your
own machine.

It runs on Macintosh computers in Excel,  2.2 or newer.

It's available via anonymous ftp from triumph.cs.utah.edu in   /pub/autocross
as

tire_mac_excel2.2_binary

Don't forget to give the "binary" command before you "get" the file.

I think I can save this in other formats.  What formats are preferred as
universal?
My choices seem to be

Template   SYLK    CSV   WKS  WK1  WK3   DIF   DBF2   DBF3  DBF4

CSV (Windows)       CSV (OS/2 or MS-DOS)

And I don't want to flood the server with useless formats.

In the last couple of weeks, I have begun to use the server for the first
time.  Didn't get true Internet access until recently.  Guess it's time to
send a check in for the Disk Fund!

When I get a little more confidence, I will maintain the Monster List on
the server and relieve Chris.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans St, Saint Paul, MN  55107-2676  USA
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 266-6244    phile@stpaul.gov
"Been there, done that, got the T-shirt" - Elizabeth Ethier