Mini noises

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mini noises
From: Duncan Bryan <bryan@Roborough.gpsemi.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 09:10:43 +0100
Hello fellow bodgers - sorry creative re-engineerers.

        This weekend I replaced the Mini's head gasket and had the
head skimmed. The result is a much happier mini. Only trouble is
now that the blow has abated I can hear a different noise!

        About 2 months ago it had a new (verto) clutch, it had a slight
vibration, but as the previous clutch was terrible we thought nothing
of it.  OK, so theres a new clutch so I suspect that the whole flywheel
assembly is out of balance. Anyone else had this sort of problem?

        It isn't the end of the world to have the flywheel balanced, but
there are probably several causes for verto clutches causing
engine vibration. There is NO clutch judder, just the engine vibration.

        Anyone got any suggestions?  No bodges involving wood or concrete
please.

        The car is a 1 litre Mini, made in '84, Verto clutch, annoyed
owner.

Keep on keeping on.
DB