MGB OD conversion

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB OD conversion
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 16 Sep 1994 10:49:07 -0500
I am about to drop an OD tranny into my 1973 MGB.  The tranny seems to
be of appropriate vintage, since it has an LH OD (black label).  After
going down some false paths, I have divined that the current non-OD
driveshaft will work OK, and that the speedo gears are close. I
calculate that with the non-OD speedo, it will read about 1% slower
than actual speed.  Than seems irrelevant, since that kind of error
can come from tire pressure.  It would appear that the only
exceptional bit is to get a longer speedo cable.

I would appreciate hearing of any hidden snags that others who have
done similar operations may have encountered.

                        A. B. Bonds  ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu