RE: TR7 timing belt??

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR7 timing belt??
From: jab@netrix.com
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 09:07:31 -0400
Marcus-

I think that the cam is driven by a chain, not a belt.  It is
indeed an overhead cam motor though, so a non-functioning drive
chain will kill it.  I think that the tension in the chain is
maintained by a hydraulic tensioner (driven by oil pressure).
I have heard of these things failing.  I don't know if they are
available from parts sources.

-Jim.
----
James A. Babcock, Software Engineer   Email:  jab@netrix.com
Netrix Corporation                    '92 Honda Accord
13595 Dulles Technology Drive         '76 Triumph TR7
Herndon VA  22071        Give Blood -- It's a great feeling!