Re: seeking timing help

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seeking timing help
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 09:03:41 PST
Text item:

[Other timing stuff deleted]
/Well, I decided that I really didn't know what to do.  That is,
/whether to set the timing at the 1150rpm idle with the vacuum retard
/disconnected, or to use the 800/850rpm idle with the vacuum retard
/connected, or whether I was supposed to reset the idle to give
/800/850 with the vacuum retard disconnected, and then set the
/timing.

/Suggestions?  Help?

/--ken

I was sort of in the same dilema a couple of months ago with the GT6.
It wasn't running well and it turned out to be a loose vacuum advance.
With that fixed it, I set the timing.  Pull the vacuum advance, it
speeds up and the timing changes.  I set the timing to spec at the high
rpms and it ran like crap on the road.  Went back, pulled the vacuum
advance hose off set the idle to ~800rpm and set the timing.  Reattached
the vacuum advance and reset the idle.  Ran great after that.  Of
course, the haynes manual just says set the timing at 4 ATDC @ 800rpm
and nothing else about disconnecting the advance.

Mike

Text item: External Message Header