Chip's TR4 carb heat sheilds

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Chip's TR4 carb heat sheilds
From: gpetrola@prairienet.org (Gregory Petrolati)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 11:38:14 -0500

        Chip,
        since you own an early TR4, the stock set up for carbs should
        be HS4s.Solid axle cars came with that carb however there was
        a brief run of Stromberg-Zenith CD175s (about 1000 cars) but
        that was in the later TR4s. Are you sure that the carbs you
        have are H6s? They mabe HS6s which were installed on TR4As. If
        This is so see if you can find the long "ram style" manifold
        and get rid of the old log. I did just that set up on my 4 and
        have had no vapor-lock problems at all. I also opted for a header
        which also helps a might. BTW you will also find the long manifold
        is a nifty place to cook food if you are a tarmac gourmet!

                Greg "a little vine, ant zome spunch cake...." Petrolati

--
        "It's not a leak.... It's a british flow-through lubrication
                system..."