New tires-from ?Goodyear?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: New tires-from ?Goodyear?
From: richard welty <welty@balltown.cma.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 17:55:09 -0400
*I was at an event in Akron, and I saw someone running a set of tires that
*were markes Goodyear GS-CS. The tread surface was well worn, but looked
*very similair to well-worn R1s. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to
*talk to the driver of the car, so I couldn't ask them about it. Does
*anyone know anything about these tires? Are they just a "soft" GS-C for
*road-race? Maybe a development tire? [The event was at the Goodyear Tech
*Center!]

the Goodyear GS-CS has been the trick IT race tire for the past
two years; the up side is that you can set lap records in a road
race with them; the down side is that they are expensive and don't
last very long.

cheers,
  richard