Question on 69 Spitfire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Question on 69 Spitfire
From: Kevin R Eschhofen <keschhof@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 20:46:27 EDT
Hello,
        I am a new subsrciber to this list, so forgive me if
        some of my questions seem odd.

        I have just recently recieved a 1969 Spitfire, which
        I am pretty enthusiastic about. The car has been
        garaged for about ten years, during the later part
        of which it received a frame and suspension restoration.
        Needless to say, the body needs work but is pretty solid.

        First item: the engine has not been turned over for ? years.
        I am thinking of shooting some liquid wrench in the cylinders,
        letting it sit and then trying to turn it by hand to make
        sure it is not froze. Maybe do a compression check, get it
        running and see if I want to do a rebuild (or what degree of
        a rebuild). comments? Should I expect problems with seals
        and gaskets?

        Second, what does MK III signify?

        Oh yeah, are there any clubs/organiztions/meets regionaly to
        NE Ohio? How about nationaly?

        Lastly, what does SOL stand for? I hope it's not "____ out of
        luck".

Thanks