Re: Wheel Designators (J JJ etc

To: Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com (Dave Lapham)
Subject: Re: Wheel Designators (J JJ etc
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 10:29:45 +0000 (BST)
Dave Lapham writes>

>   I just got my Panasport Superlite wheels in this week - they have a JJ
> designator.  Unfortunately, they're also thicker than pressed steel wheels,
> and I will have to install longer studs on my Austin-Healey 100/6 before I
> can install them.  Oh well, they look nice!
>
> First Thought:  is there some way to bodge the lug nuts or ???

This is not necessarily a bodge.   Many cast wheels are intended to be used
with long reach nuts.  Call Coyote.  They can supply damned near anything.
Measure your wheel center thickness and all dimensions of the holes.
Measure your stud diameter, thread and length from hub face.  Then call.
They probably also have listings for the Panasport Superlites.

here is the Monster List entry I just wrote up:

----------------------------------
Coyote
1295 Knollwood Circle
Anaheim,  CA  92801
(800) 292-5511

They make all kinds of wheel hardware.  Rene & Jamie are the guys I worked
with on getting trick wheel nuts and washers for some odd cast wheels for
my Midget. They do not sell direct, but will cheerfully work with you and
send your order to a local dealer.   American Racing outlets, among
others, stock their stuff.  Just figure out what you need with Coyote, and
they will tell you the part numbers.  They will also tell you the name and
number of a dealer near you.  You just contact the dealer and check their
stock.  If they don't have it, they call Coyote and order it out for you.
Everybody was most cooperative.   And American Racing only charged me $20
for the parts.  -Phil Ethier

> Second Thought:  this is for racing -- I'd better play it straight !!

Tell Coyote you are racing.  They understand.