CATCHING UP

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: CATCHING UP
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 12:25:00 -0400
I spent the last week with the POW/MIA marathon team
running across western New York State, so I am about
a week behind in reading the digest. I know some queries
have been responded to, but, will add my US$.02 anyway.

Andy Mace: Sounds like your voltage stabilizer shit the
bit and thats way your gages aren't working. On my TR4A,
the stabilizer is located up over the the passenger's
right knee. (I usually explain to the female passenger
that this piece of sensitive electronic equipment must
be checked frequently.)

TVRVixen and Flemming Larson: Last night I checked my
parts books for both the Bugeye and MkII Sprite (p/n's
AKD829 and AKD3513). The Dec1958 Parts List showed the
948 replacement short block as 8G10.
The later parts list shows:
1098 HC as 8G150
1098 LC as 8G149
1275 HC as 8G180
1275 LC as 8G179

Ken Streeter: In May, when we held our annual tune up clinic,
one of our members brought in a TR6. It was suffering simmilar
symptoms as yours. Put new plugs in as recommended. by Haynes(?).
No change. Then he put in the plugs as recommended by, I think
TRF. Everything was fine. Can't remember plug numbers, but the
correct plugs had a slightly long center electrode to extrude
further into the chamber. Suggest you compare the RN9YC's to
the RN12YC's and use the ones that have a longer reach. Of
course, YMMV. Yes, it does sound like you are running rich
on the rear carb. And, that could be the cause of your miss-
fire. If the carbs are Z-S, sorry, I can't help.

Alan