Re: Marks on Glass

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Marks on Glass
From: vernk@carver.DataFlux.BC.CA (Vern Klukas)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 09:41:06 PDT
>From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
>Subject: Triumph and cabinet trivia
>
>I was at the Stone's house (not rolling, Daren and Nancy) over the
>weekend and they have an old Ideal cabinet in the kitchen,  Curiously,
>the logo on it matches the logo on my GT6 windows.  It's a heart shape
>with a horizontal line towards the top and a curvy line vertically like
>an upside down question mark.  Anyone know what this stands for?  Did
>the Triumph glass manufacturers make cabinets also?
>
>Mike

Hey Mike,

These are called bugs, and they appear on a piece of glass to show that the
glass is tempered, or laminated, to some standard. Think of it as a
certification stamp, like CSA or Underwriters. I forget for sure, but I
think the heart is the British Glass Standard mark (thought it could be a
manufacturers mark). All glass in a car must have one of these somewhere. I
would think the glass in the cabinet is tempered, therefore the mark.

Yers
Vern

Vern Klukas                                       I'm a little teapot
vernk@carver.dataflux.bc.ca or                    Short and...
ug141@freenet.victoria.bc.ca or
inkspot@carver.dataflux.bc.ca