Re: Triumph and cabinet trivia

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk
Subject: Re: Triumph and cabinet trivia
From: blackthorn@cix.compulink.co.uk (Steve Goodall)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 94 21:26 BST-1
Good evening from Britain!

I'm sorry, but I'm giggling a little.  Two countries divided by a
common language....

>It's a heart shape with a horizontal line towards the top and a
curvy >line vertically like an upside down question mark.  Anyone
know what >this stands for?  Did the Triumph glass manufacturers make
cabinets >also?

Ah, Mike, truly thou art not a committed Anglophile.  The mark that
you refer to is what the British know as a "Kite" mark.  It is the
seal of the British Standards Institution - similar, I'm told, to the
ASA. It means that the glass in that kithchen cabinet conforms to a
certain safety standard, as does the window glass in your car.
You'll find it on all sorts of British goods that incorporate a
safety standard, particularly electrical goods.

My late mum had a fold-down ideal in the kitchen when I was at
school.  Nostalgia, nostalgia....

Bye from Stevie!