Re: Sealt Belt Bolts

To: Ed Devinney <pismobch@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Sealt Belt Bolts
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 02:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 20 Sep 1994, Ed Devinney wrote:

> The question is what bolt strength to use: Grade 8 may be strongest overall,
> but in this use do I actually want Grade 5, to allow some stretch rather
> than having them shear?  My mechanical-enginerd friends and I went round on
> this, but we figured the race-volk would know best.  Any takers?

Unless you plan to use very skinny bolts, Grade 5 will be more than
strong enough.  If you hit something hard enough to stretch the bolts, you
won't be alive to notice.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu