Re: CATCHING UP and BMC engine numbers.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CATCHING UP and BMC engine numbers.
From: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 22:52:45 -0700
Alan Costich <COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com> wrote:

> TVRVixen and Flemming Larson: Last night I checked my
> parts books for both the Bugeye and MkII Sprite (p/n's
> AKD829 and AKD3513). The Dec1958 Parts List showed the
> 948 replacement short block as 8G10.
> The later parts list shows:
> 1098 HC as 8G150
> 1098 LC as 8G149
> 1275 HC as 8G180
> 1275 LC as 8G179

But no 8G19, as in 8G19RS23648?

Thanks to Alan, and to others who have convinced me that my Seven
very likely was outfitted with a BMC A-series engine by Lotus.

That makes me feel better about putting a 1275cc ex. Spridget in
it. Although not exactly original for a 1964 car, at least it's
of the right 'family'.

 -- Flemming Larsen                    flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu