Note For Spit And GT6 Owners

To: b-c
Subject: Note For Spit And GT6 Owners
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 12:21:04 -0500
I think it is generally accepted that TRF carries the highest quality
parts (usually with a price commensurate with the quality). For Triumph
GT6 and Spitfire owners, there is an exception, however.

When I first installed the interior in my GT6+, I bought the parcel shelves
from TRF, at a cost of about $35-$40 each. When my wife saw these little
cardboard things, she was shocked that I had paid so much. So was I, for
that matter.

A couple of weeks ago the driver-side shelf started to droop and I saw that
it was water-damaged (I'll get that new windshield rubber installed Real
Soon Now). Being in a hurry, I ordered a new one from Victoria British.
I use VB a lot because I can call in an order and get the package the next
day. It takes 3-4 days from TRF.

Now, the VB Spit-GT6 catalog only lists parcel shelves for Spitfires after
1971. Why, I don't know. They are all the same, at least from 1969-on.
Anyway, when it arrived I was really surprised. This shelf was twice as
solid and heavy as the TRF one, and only (!) cost $25. It is, in my opinion,
a far better shelf than the TRF one.

So if your parcel shelves are getting a little worn, I recommend the ones
at VB. BTW, both the TRF and VB shelves are labeled as being made in
Britain.

I wish VB  could figure out what parts fit what cars, but then, that's what
the list is for, right?

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com