TR7/8 Loom Tape

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7/8 Loom Tape
From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 94 12:35:24 MDT
>From gall Sun Sep 25 12:33:37 1994
To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 94 12:33:38 MDT

I'm looking for a source for electrical loom tape.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, its a black plastic
tape, about 1.5-2" wide. It is very similar to electrical tape, except
that it is much wider than that which is locally available, and it
_lacks_the_adhesive_on_the_back.

Because of the PO's continuous "improvements" to my '77 coupe's
electrical, Lucas struck, and let all the smoke out of the ignition
Eureka wire. PO then took out the dash (and decided to paint it blue,
but that's another story 8^( ) and cut all the loom tape off of the
wiring harness to get at said wire. I am left with the wiring harness
spread out over about a foot of width throughout the interior of my
car. I have now "weeded out" all of the "improvements" 8^) , but I am in
need of the loom tape to redo the harness.

I am not about to use electrical tape, because of its gummy consistency
when hot. 8^(

Can anybody supply me with a source for this loom tape?

Thanx!

Greg.
--
Internet: gall@ultrix.uleth.ca

"You miss too much these days if you stop to think"
By a famous Irish poet and philosopher, Bono of the band U2, circa '91.

'76 Triumph TR7 V8 (Buick 350) Fixedhead Coupe.
'77 Triumph TR7 4spd, A/C Fixedhead Coupe.              _   /|  A
'79 Triumph TR7 Auto Drophead Coupe.                    \`o_O'  C
'78 Mazda RX7.                                            ( )   K
'73 FIAT 128 Coupe SL 1300cc.                              U    !