New purchase...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New purchase...
From: Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 17:28:26 -0600
        Ok. So a month ago I was in the market for an early MGB. Today I
        went and bought a '62 TR4. There's no need to rationalize LBC
        purchases, right?

        This is my first Triupmh purchase, and my first foray into LBCs
        since I was old enough to know better! I have several queries
        for the collective wisdom concerning this, an early '4 commision
        #CT3854.

        - The tr4 has wire wheels (great!), but they're 48 spoke, not 60
        (not so great). I've read that these are marginal on the '4 and
        should perhaps be replaced with 60's for the increased strength.
        Any experiences/comments?

        - The tr4 has the early type intake manifold, which I understand
        was replaced in later years by and improved version. Is the new
        manifold a drop-in replacement for the old, or does it involve
        significant work? Will I reap noticable effects?

        - The tonneau doesn't fit! I assume at one time it did, but the
        dry climate and years have made the last to snap-ons impossible.
        Any way to stretch this thing so that it will remain streched
        and not _significantly_ weaken it?

Thanks,
Charlie Farwell