Re: My Good man

To: bryan@Roborough.gpsemi.COM, triumph@io.org
Subject: Re: My Good man
From: Duncan Bryan <bryan@Roborough.gpsemi.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 08:27:03 +0100
*
*Holy nerve point batman, someone takes exception 'ere.

Not really.
*
*Well, being from a silly Sussex Mummy and a Mancester Dad I can assure
*you that I am not trying to "put on" an accent in my email Bryan!
*While I do still say  (when being sarcastic) "some brilliant cove" or
*"you steaming half wit", or "utterly gormless"  I do NOT pretend to be
*P.J. Woodhouse. So, drive that out of your noggin!

You're COMPLETELY missing the point. I was sending up what I perceive to be
many peoples view of the British accent. Anyway I AM from Manchester but my
family is made up of English, Scottish and Welsh. So I am truly British and
therefore feel I have a right to take the mickey out of all British people
equally.
*
*On the "my man" issue I always thought it was an American football phrase,
*used after a goal and sprinkled with hard slaps on the back and the
*"thumbs up".

If you like. Probably.
*
* Curiouser and curiouser Pooh.
*
*I saw the answer to the Limey bit flash by several times on the download
*so I'll leave it alone.

Thanks.
*
*P.S.
*My Dad still slips up and says "EEE ! I've lost me muuney" on occassion.
*
We all do. I often get odd looks for saying something 'Northern'.

Looks like this accent/dialect stuff causes problems eh.
Lets bury it and talk about cars instead.

Duncan