Re: GT6 battery light show

To: Michael Bayrock <mbrock@gov.nt.ca>,
Subject: Re: GT6 battery light show
From: kerch@parc.xerox.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 07:18:54 PDT
At 11:55 PM 9/24/94 -0700, Michael Bayrock wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've been catching up on the digests - work took me out of town
>for a week and made me fall behind on my SOL fix (the nerve of
>them guys!  ;-) )

No, no, no, you don't understand.  I brought a PoweBook to this ARPA conference
in Santa Fe for the express purpose of keeping up with BritCars mail.  SLIP
and Eudora work GREAT....I can download my messages at breaks and read them
during the boring talks :-)

>Oh, and brake lines and epoxy ... brakes, we need no stinkin' hydrolic
>brakes.  Bodge the brake pedel to the handbrake cable.

I suppose, as one of the goats in the recent badinage (which I still don't
find funny, but never mind...) I should point out that my Bentley has a direct
mechanical conection from the brake pedal to the rear brakes.  (The front brakes
are hydraulic, with the master cylinder operated off a gearbox-driven servo
whose control signal comes from the aforesaid mechanical linkage, leaving the
front brakes inoperative when your road speed is zero, and getting progrssively
more forceful as the speed increases.

And you thought your MG's brakes were weird!  Apparently this system was
invented int he 1920's by Hispono-Suiza...

  --berry