cranks and corrections

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: cranks and corrections
From: Lewis Dunbar Dove <mfldd@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 09:45:29 -0500 (CDT)
Dear SOL's
        My reminiscences of old MGTF's and nitrided cranks was a bit
off; that was 34 and not 44 years ago. Wide fingers, narrow keys and
brain disengagement account for the error.  The car was thoroughly
thrashed and I promised myself I would never get another MG.
        I had a great time at the Weekend in Abingdon sponsored by
the MGB Club of Chicago.  I may have convinced one or two people that
they should be on this net.  One of the stranger cars was an MGB
stretch limo.  It featured a bar, TV, CD player lots of rear seat
space and of course four doors.  The engine appeared to be stock.  I
wonder how he dropped the top (hood)?
        The only problem with the weekend at Abingdon, Illinois was
the lack of an MG.  My MGB was laid up with tranny (gearbox) trouble:
Sigh ....
        Lew Dove "the beatings will continue until morale improves"
        Dept. of Biological Sciences
        Western Illinois University
        Macomb, Ilinois 61455 USA