Re: Cricket,anyone?

To: easu816@ea.oac.uci.edu (Anthony Case)
Subject: Re: Cricket,anyone?
From: pwcs!phile@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 14:48:55 +0000 (BST)

>       In the early `70s Plymouth imported an lbc to the states and
> called it the Cricket. What was it actually?
>                                       Anthony Case (Once and future
> Britcar victim)

A Hillman Avenger.  (Was this also called a Sunbeam Arrow, or was that a
different car brought to the States and called a Plymouth Arrow?

The first time I saw kiddie locks (levers on the rear door edges which disable
the inside rear door handles) it was on a new Cricket.  The owner, who is
still active in Twin Cities SCCA rally activities, used to flip these
things on to catch unsuspecting adults.