Re- Worst Bodge

To: "Scions of Lucas" <British-Cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re- Worst Bodge
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 27 Sep 1994 10:04:11 U
   Re:  Worst Bodge
> On Sun, 18 Sep 1994 TVRVixen@aol.com wrote:
> > The worst boge I ever saw:
> > I was working at an independent sports car shop in 1971
> > in a university town.
> >  A customer (one of those over-educated but cheap
> > university types) had a Lotus Elan. He had fixed his own
> > brakes.  His car had had a leaking steel brake line.
> > To fix it he had wrapped it with layers of aluminum foil
> > and epoxy glue. Need I say more?
> > Don             #194##194##194##194# #194# #194##194##194#
>#194##194##194##194#
>   Don, Yes I do think you need to say more.  I don't see the bodge
>   and I reread it three times.
>            Greg Meboe   meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
>            Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
>            Washington State UNIVERSITY  Pullman, Wa.

: I wondered myself.  I think it must be that he shouldn't
: have wasted money on the aluminum foil; the epoxy alone
: should have been sufficient.
:
: Ray Gibbons, B.S., Ph.D.

  No, the foil is necessary.  A friend of mine is putting a V8
into a big Healey because a PO only used JB Weld to patch the
brake line.  He skimped on the foil and , presto -- bent frame!
He's had to cut the front of the frame off and weld on a (gasp!)
Mustang II front end.  All this because someone was too cheap
or lazy to apply the foil when fixing a brake line!

P.S.   Don't feel sorry that the Healey's now unoriginal, it
was totally parted out.  All he started with was the (bent)
frame and substructure.

     --  Dave L.