Re: paint, GT6 rotoflexes, rocker panels, window rubber

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: Re: paint, GT6 rotoflexes, rocker panels, window rubber
From: bownes@lucas.emi.com (R.M. Bownes III)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 13:43:58 +0500
->2) Rotoflexes: Are they a REAL pain to replace? Mine look a bit split. I got
->new ones with the car in the parts box.
->
No, they're note a REAL pain to replace. They're a gold-plated 100%
low-life scum-sucking sum'bitch to replace. Count on ripping evrything
from the u-joint out off the car. Hub, A-arm, brake lines, trainig arm,
*everything*.  And count on spending $60 to $100 to replace all teh
bushings while you're at it. And getting good and scraped, bent,
battered and bruised while you're at it.

->3) Window rubber: for the painting, I'll take out the rear window, but the
->winshield can stay, as it's not got paint on the frame (it's black). However,
->there is a frame/body seal at the bottom of the windshield frame. This WILL
->have to come off. Anybody any experience with removing and replacing either
->of these peices of rubber??
->

I looked at it. Decided it would be worse than trying to replace the rotoflex
joints.

iii