Re: SCA?

To: MAPPEAL@aol.com
Subject: Re: SCA?
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 10:56:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 27 Sep 1994 MAPPEAL@aol.com wrote:

> Also, does anyone have a good method for removing bumper stickers
> from chrome?
>
> Nancy T.
> Bethesda MD

I would have said SCA stands for Soc. for Creative Anachronism.  I would
not use any scrapers to remove stickers.  First, I'd try warming it with a
lamp until it is very warm to the touch, and trying to peel it off.  If
that fails, I would try Avon's Skin So Soft (this is a fair bug repellant,
too, but I cannot imagine anyone using it for its intended purpose).  When
the car is going to be parked for a few days, put the SSS on the sticker
and let it soak.  If the sticker has a plastic coated surface, it may help
if you abraid the sticker surface lightly, using care not to scratch the
chrome, before applying the SSS.  If the car is kept out of doors, you may
want to put aluminum foil or plastic wrap over the sticker to keep a
shower from washing off the SSS.  After a couple of days, remove as much
of the sticker as possible by rubbing with your fingers, put more SSS on,
repeat.  With patience, it will come off without scratching the chrome.
There also is a citrus-derived product, which I think is called Goo-Off or
something similar, that is worth trying.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910