Mini, well-balanced

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mini, well-balanced
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 00:18:14 -0500 (CDT)
It is late at night, and I just watched a guy on The Tonight Show balance
a Mini on his head.  This is just after he balanced Steve Allen on his head.

Hi-ho Stevereno was sitting in a lawn chair on a square of plywood.  They
took him up on a forklift.  The guy lifted him with his head and hands,
walked away from the forklift and dropped his arms.

The guy is from the UK, I think they may have said Malvern.

Jay Leno said the car was a Mini.  It looked different to me. Perhaps it
was a Clubman.

It was 40 years ago tonight that Steve Allen took The Tonight
Show national.  Jack Paar and Johnny Carson were not there.  :-)

There was big 40 on the door of the Mini.  The guy must take it with him.
I don't think there is an engine in it.  The balance point was right in the
middle of the wheelbase.