Re: British Cars Digest #1381 Wed Sep 28 01:35:25 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1381 Wed Sep 28 01:35:25 MDT 1994
From: tpr@mfltd.co.uk (Tim Renouf)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 94 12:26:17 BST
@ From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>
@ Subject: Re: Re[2]: speedo is out...mph to rpm calculations
@
@ Yup. I always spend the money to get them fixed, even though it
@ sometimes takes a while. The GT6, for example, had a 3.27 speedo even
@ though it's a 3.89 rear end! Took a while to find a replacement.
@

Dunno if it works the same on other BL cars, but on the TR7 I am told
that all the
different ratios get the same speedo but a different plastic cog on
the gearbox end of the cable. My TR7V8 has a standard TR7 speedo, but
a gearbox and diff (and engine) from an SD1. Because the gearbox (and
hence the plastic cog) is from the same car as the diff, the speedo reads
correctly. Or it would do if (a) I had wheels the same size as those on
the SD1, and (b) they designed the speedos to read at all accurately...

--
Tim Renouf     tpr@mfltd.co.uk    UK: (01635) 565375    US: 415-856-4161 x5375
Micro Focus Ltd, 26, West St, Newbury, Berks RG13 1JT.