Re: TC's Forever

To: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: TC's Forever
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 01:21:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 28 Sep 1994, W. Ray Gibbons wrote:

> I have just received my copy of "TCs Forever," by Michael Sherrell.
> Having spent >$70 for a book about a car I have never owned (I did drive
> one once, briefly), I had to steal an hour from my erstwhile employer, who
> will never miss it, and leaf through it.
>
> What a labor of love, and what an incredible reference.  I now have a
> purpose in life.  I need a TC to go with the book.  The question is, can I
> save faster than they appreciate?

I guess this is not the appropriate time to mention that my TC cost only
$950 _including_ containerized shipping from England.  Of course, that
was in 1968...  Actually, T-Series prices are a lot more realistic now
than they were a few years ago when the speculators and wealthy collectors
nearly destroyed the hobby by pricing the cars out of the reach of people
who truly cared about them.  They still aren't cheap by any stretch of the
imagination, but...

I knew you wouldn't regret buying Mike's book!  If reading it cover to
cover doesn't turn you into a bona fide TC lover, nothing will.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu