Re: The Fisher Test (aka MGs &/or old Volvos)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Fisher Test (aka MGs &/or old Volvos)
From: JWisland@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 94 08:02:06 EDT
fisher@avistar.com (Scott Fisher) says:

>> Now....there are at least 2 conceptual validity difficulties with this
test.
>> (1) The test didn't use an equal interval scale! :)
> You may yet get a clue.  :-)  Owning these cars requires non-linear
people...

How many non-linear people does it take to ...?  ;)

>> (2) a ~25 year-old Volvo is closer to an MG than it is to a new 850.
>
> We have four cars.  The two that work are the 1963 Volvo 122S and
> the 1971 M.G. MGB.

Ah.  My possible MG purchase is to replace a straight, clean, rust-free 1966
Volvo 122S (that was "eaten" by a deer -- chomped whole front quarter,
steering box, motor mount, et. al.) that still has a fabulous engine (Weber
carb) & transmission.

See, we're not so far apart. ;)

> So in this case, a 31-year-old Volvo is a lot like an M.G., in that when
> something does go wrong, it's obvious what it is and how to fix it.  Other
> than that, we just drive them and enjoy them.

Same here. :)

In connection,

Judith Winter

P. S. Ray, I have not yet bought a car ... I _have_ stayed away from those
you advised me to stay away from. :)  Thanks.