RE: British Cars Digest #1384 Fri Sep 30 01:15:00 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: British Cars Digest #1384 Fri Sep 30 01:15:00 MDT 1994
From: "ALFIE::MRGATE::\"A1::FELTS1\""@id5.atc.alcoa.com
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 8:06:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:   NAME: Tom L. Felts
        FUNC: SFTY (38)
        TEL: 412-337-2024                     <FELTS1@A1@ALFIE>
To:     NAME: VMSMail User SMTP%"british-car
<SMTP%"british-cars@autox.team.net"@MRGATE>

Reply to Henry Wilson---"Healey Vapor lock" and to "Lloyd-"Any XKE's out
there---  Henry, I have experienced the problem from two problems--1.
clogged fuel filter over the take up fuel line INSIDE the fuel tank--very
fustrating--pulled it off and replaced the filter with an in-line filter
outside the tank (1965-Mk111) 2. A crimped (kinked) fuel hose in the line
leading from the tank to the pump.  Lloyd, I am 90% complete with a slow and
painful not to mention costly restoration of a 66 XKE roadster.  There is a Jag
lovers net but I was unable to access it.  Occasionally there is info on
this net about Jags.  I also have a most dependable and fun 68 Spitfire,
Mk111 that I recently replaced the clutch in.  The most simple part of the
process became the most fustrating---bleeding the clutch system.  Forget
the Haynes method--it didn't work for me.  After several pieces of advice,
my local EE friend told me the right way, and bingo, it worked.  Open the
bleed on the top of the down stroke and close it before pedal gets to end of
down stroke---I know--simple isn't it!!  Hope this info help.

Tom Felts