Volvos on lbc list?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca
Subject: Volvos on lbc list?
From: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 94 11:27:13 PDT
To Ray G.

        I'm siding with Jennifer Joy on the Volvo issue. There are all kinds
of nuts driving *all* kinds of cars and that includes Volvos. Please - I
drive a GREAT Volvo '84 244 Turbo with 274,000 kms on it and I resent being
bashed because I drive one. It is the best car I have owned by far still
runs fine, comfortable with a bit of performance and I don't add a bit of
oil between 6,000 kms changes. I cannot say that about my 1954 Sunbeam
Talbot which I dearly love!

        With regards to Volvo model numbers:

244 = Two Series, 4 cylinder, four door
242 = Two Series, 4 cylinder, *two* door

744 = Seven Series, 4 cylinder, four door
764 = Seven Series, *6* cylinder, four door

850 = Eight Series, *5* cylinder

        Does this explain the model numbers? Sure makes sence to me. Sorry
for the lack of a lot of lbc content.

Bob "bruised but still kicking" Hamilton

Robert A. C. Hamilton, N.S.C.C., Institute of Technology, Halifax, N.S.
E-mail: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 10/06/94
Time: 11:27:13