Australia - CVVTMC Shannons Eastern Creek Classic - 12/13 August - longi

To: "British-Cars (E-mail)" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Australia - CVVTMC Shannons Eastern Creek Classic - 12/13 August - longish
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 07:15:13 +1000
Listers....

Sorry to bomb the whole list, but this display event in Sydney is a "biggie"
and covers more than British cars.

The CVVTMC (Council of Veteran Vintage & Thoroughbred Motor Clubs) is running
their annual display weekend, kindly sponsored by Shannons Insurance,
regardless of rain, hail, etc.

If there are any overseas or interstate visitors in Sydney over the weekend of
12/13 August, please consider a visit to the Shannons Eastern Creek Classic -
the premier display event in Australia for cars, motor bikes, buses and
military vehicles (and far better than the grubby five-ringed circus that we
are forced to endure in September).

Saturday will be trade displays and a Supersprint event around the race track.
 Entry is free.

Sunday entry is all of A$5-50 (children under 14 years no charge), which
provides:
     1500+ vehicles (not just British cars) on display and on parade around the
track
     Autoglym Concours judging event
     Military vehicles display
     Historic racing car display and 7/10ths pace demonstration runs
     Historic saloon and sports car display and 7/10ths pace demonstration run
(yes, I'll be giving the Oxford an airing)
     Trade displays in the pit garages
     Books and memorabilia on sale
     Car of the Century - display of the 5 finalists

If any listers are displaying their cars or visiting the event, please let me
know and we'll try and meet.  As before, I'll try and get some photos of the
event but this time I'll post them on PhotoPoint.

Thanks for reading this far.  Hope to see you at Eastern Creek.  Keep driving
those LBCs.

Regards....Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford, 1956 Morris Isis, 1958
MGA+