Re: MGB Steering Column Bushings Questiony

To: rkegg@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGB Steering Column Bushings Questiony
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:06:24 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Randy,

I was kinda thinking along these lines too, though I was planning on a
graphite/grease rather than graphite/oil mix.  I have the old felt
bushing and while it is greasy, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any
graphite in it.  But adding graphite does seem like a pretty good idea
to me.

Speaking of graphite.  A few months back I posted a request for a
powdered graphite source.  The hardware stores around here only sell
those little 1/2 oz or so tubes for lubricating locks and such.  Not
any where's near enough for my needs.  I did get some replies, but they
were for commercial suppliers who didn't sell to retail customers.  Well
I found a ready source, in case anyone is interested.  I was at West
Marine (boating supply chain) recently looking at their Fiberglassing
supplies and found cans of powdered graphite for sale there for use as
pigment.  I believe the cans were 6 oz.

Roland