Shortish report on CVVTMC - Eastern Creek

To: "Morris (E-mail)" <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shortish report on CVVTMC - Eastern Creek
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 06:40:54 +1000
Listers....

Sydney Winter weather did the dirty on us for Sunday - it started out with
heavy drizzle for the drive and was still miserable when I arrived at the track
at 0710, but later the precipitation stopped although the cloud remained for a
grey day.  As I pointed out to lots of people this was just like an English
Summer day, which is why so many British cars were there!

There was a magnificent 1934 Morris Oxford MG Sports Tourer, absolutely
immaculate and probably my favourite car of the day.  However, there were
plenty of other cars to delight the eye - Jaguar, Austin-Healey, MG, Austin,
Wolseley, Riley, Holden (all-Australian), etc, etc.  Plus of course a
smattering of Morris both pre and post war.

My Oxford was the only one there - and then disgraced itself out on the track
when the crank broke and created thru-flo ventilation for the block.  Don't ask
how this could happen in a 7/10ths racing display!  Then I had to arrange for a
tilt tray to come and retrieve the car and take back it to the workshop.

Because the weather was miserable I didn't take my camera but will try to find
some other source for photos to post on PhotoPoint.  Next year I'll try and
give you more advance warning of the event so that any overseas or interstate
visitors heading to Sydney may have a chance to include it in their itinerary -
we'd love to have you join us for the day.

Regards....Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford (needs an engine
transplant so it can race at Wakefield Park in September), 1956 Morris Isis
(still trundling around on a daily basis), 1958 MGA+ (weekend toy for "sunny"
Sydney)