Re: Smog laws again

To: Jay Laifman <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>, Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Smog laws again
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:39:12 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

  My submission of a solution to the emissions problem is to basically apply
to all  what the Government has done for  a few,
Let anyone  BUY emission credits . No, not a plan where a group of LBC'ers
would buy a  dirty air producing plant and have it crushed  but one where
everyone would be give x number of credits. Those who want to drive a high
emissions car could buy unused credits from some one who didn't need them.
Install an efficient AC &heating unit in the house and apply your credits to
your  1965 LBC.
Second car a Big SUV , you suck up more of your credits compared to the guy
in the Civic or electric  car.
Basically it would take  the right to dirty the air and give each of us an
equal share. Use it , sell it or give it away, but at least the choice is
yours to use it as you wish .
Bob Nogueira