Re: Jaguar/Daimler???

Subject: Re: Jaguar/Daimler???
From: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:00:17 -0400
I visited the Jaguar web site, and it appears that the top-of-the-line
Vanden Plas model Jaguars XJ8 saloons are getting the Daimler fluting in the
US market.  This is an interesting confusion of trademarks and heritage!

I guess Jaguar figures that most American Jaguar buyers have no knowledge of
British marques or of Jaguar history.  This is not surprising since no one
working in American Land Rover dealerships seems to know that the Rover has
manufactured (and is still manufacturing) saloons since around 1904.  Oh
well, Land Rover's off on its own now, anyway!

:)

Glen