Re: Jaguar/Daimler???

Subject: Re: Jaguar/Daimler???
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dbmitch@peoplepc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:28:34 -0400
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:00:17 -0400
From: "Glen Wilson" <rstca@hemmings.com>

I visited the Jaguar web site, and it appears that the top-of-the-line
Vanden Plas model Jaguars XJ8 saloons are getting the Daimler fluting in the
US market.  This is an interesting confusion of trademarks and heritage!

I guess Jaguar figures that most American Jaguar buyers have no knowledge of
British marques or of Jaguar history.  This is not surprising since no one
working in American Land Rover dealerships seems to know that the Rover has
manufactured (and is still manufacturing) saloons since around 1904.  Oh
well, Land Rover's off on its own now, anyway!

:)

Glen

Glen,

There is a trademark problem with calling the cars Daimler on this
side of the pond. There hasn't been a car marketed as the Daimler
in North America for quite a few years. And since there hasn't been
any Rovers marketed in the States since the '80s, the Land Rover
dealers wouldn't know of them.

--
Doug Mitchell
mailto:dbmitch@peoplepc.com