Different colors on spokes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Different colors on spokes
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:48:00 -0700
Greg writes:

>Hey has anyone considered paintin their wheels body color or a nice
>contrasting color e.g. BRG body/Navy Blue wheels? With the chrome
>knock off it could look really cool!

Jaguar XK's had some with white wire wheels.  Most that I've seen this way
were the coupes and possibly the DHC's, but not the roadsters.  I never did
care for that combo.

Sunbeam painted their last LeMans racing Alpines BRG with white hardtops
and black spokes.  Looked very aggressive.

About 6 years ago, I saw an MG TC at the Del Mar San Diego car show with
black body, red leather interior, red grill face and red wire wheels.  It
was the best looking TC I've ever seen.  The car was either never restored,
or a much older restoration.  Its patina just screamed of life.  The ghosts
of Morris' Garage were all there proudly giving it strength.  Sure there
were some very pretty MG TC's there that had been restored 110% with all
sorts of new glittery stuff from Moss.  But, this one was special.

To top it off the black TC with red wires was for sale, but I just finished
restoring my Alpine and decided not to be "unloyal" and write down the
number.  I have always regretted that.  The very next day I tried to track
down the owner through the event organizers and the local MG club.  But,
never found out who owned - or who might have bought it and owned it now.
Oh well.  If one of you out there owns this car, please do take good care
of her.

Jay