Why Some Early MG Owners Sometimes Get The Willys

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Why Some Early MG Owners Sometimes Get The Willys
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:31:55 -0700 (PDT)
A few weeks back the part of Agilent Technologies I work for had its
company picnic in the old Blimp (actually dirigible) hanger at Moffett
Field in Mountain View, CA.  While I was there I walked through the
museum which is attached to this huge building.  The museum contains
lots of interesting artifacts and pictures associated with the history
of the hanger, going back to the mid '30s when it was built.  In one
room I spotted a mounted front cover of car early '50s car magazine.
The pictures was obviously taken at Moffett and showed a military
aircraft in the background with a bunch of race prepared sports cars in
the foreground.  But what really caught my eye was a blurb in bold print
about a article inside on "how to install a Willys engine in your MG".

Roland