MGA twin cam

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA twin cam
From: Paul Garside <Paul.Garside@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 01:16:06 -0700
Hi Larry,

I think the engine was 1558: basically the 1500 with a new head, designed by
Gerald Palmer of Jowett fame.

Yes, it has twin-cam type cam covers, with the plugs in wells in the middle,
which fill up with oil! The cam covers are art deco-esque octagonal in
section.

No the wheels weren't chromed but painted silver. I looked at cadmium
plating mine (to look like alloy on a D-type), but it was too expensive, so
I settled for gold, which, with the red bodywork, aped Ferrari. Hey, chaps,
I was young and foolish and the car cost me GBP 250!

Paul.