TR7 engine bearings - part troi

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR7 engine bearings - part troi
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:56:04 EDT
One more question and I'll keep quiet for a while.

When removing the oil pan/sump from a TR7, you are suppose to fashion a piece
of angle iron to mount to the bottom front of the engine to support it while
you remove sump and engine mounts.

My TR7 has a similar piece of angle iron already -- runs horizontally from
the bottom of the engine below the alternator to the mounting assembly that
holds the ac compressor.

Think I can use that piece to support the engine?

As always, thanks for all the help.

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC