? Volvo 760 Turbo

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net,
Subject: ? Volvo 760 Turbo
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:49:24 -0500
If anyone has any experience working on a Volvo 760 (the one I'm working
on is a turbo - don't know if it makes any difference) please contact
me off line.

I have a Chiltons manual for this car, but it's very poor on telling
me where things are.

Inparticular, I'm look for information on the Fuel shut off solenoid.  We
have no power to the fuel pump.  I found a relay (actually dual relay)
with the marking A and E on it, on the pass. side of the center console.
It doesn't energize.  And when I manually press the contacts closed I
don't get any power back at the pump.  I ran a long piece of lamp cord
from the battery back to the pump, and applied power at the connector
in the drivers side fender well, and the pump spins up.

Next problem is no spark at the plugs or coil.  I do have 12V on one of the
coil posts.  I can't find the ignition module.  Anyone know where that's
hidden.

Finally is there a way to test the hall effect sensor in the dist?

TIA

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan