Re: Springtime & Morgans & Drive Yer Britcar Week

To: British Cars List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Springtime & Morgans & Drive Yer Britcar Week
From: Berry Kercheval <berry@kerch.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 23:53:32 -0700
cobmeister@zianet.com said:
> I've been driving Yellow, me Mog, for a couple of weeks now...

Me, I always drive a British car.   In the past it was Sybil, my blue TR-6
(she was often Fawlty), then My 1966 Bentley. and for the past week our brand
spankin' new Mini Cooper "S".

Now some may claim that this car ain't British, but it sure *feels* British,
it's assembled in Oxford, and the window sticker claims that 55% of the parts
are sourced from Britain.  That's good enough for me.

Man, this car is nearly as much fun as a blown Sprite.  165 HP from the sweet
1.6 litre, DOHC 16 valve supercharged engine, 6 speed Getrag gearbox, lowered
and tweaked sport suspension, 17" wheels with low profile Pirellis.... and
that's *STOCK*.

It's a 165 HP gocart with air conditioning and a CD changer.  I love it.