RE: K & N for HS6?

To: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Subject: RE: K & N for HS6?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:47:56 -0700
> My K&N catalog lists only one filter specifically for the SU HS6. It is
> round, outside dimensions 5 7/8" X 3 1/2". The part numbers are E9156 -
> element & 56-9327 complete assembly.

There are some more listed at
http://www.aptfast.com/Main_Index_Page.htm

According to them, the 56-9327 is cone-shaped, while the others are
cylindrical.  They don't list the E9156 replacement element, though.

At one time, I believe APT actually made some of their own housings to take
K&N filters.  That may be where the cylindrical HS6 assemblies come from,
which would explain why they don't appear in the K&N book.  Don't know that
for a fact though, just a rumor I heard some years ago.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (back on the road, WooHoo!)
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver wannabe (waiting for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly