65 MGB steering rack question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 65 MGB steering rack question
From: rfl <rfl@yerkes.uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:14:15 -0600
Sender: owner-british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
I'm getting parts in for a front end rebuild, including replacing the steering rack. I've got a question about the pinion angle to the rack and the length of the pinion. My car is in storage, basically not visitable until April. I just received a new rack and pinion and see that the angle is something like 70 as opposed to near 90, which is the angle I thought it was.. Considering all the years I've had my head under the hood both from above and below, you'd think I'd remember if the angle was 90 or more like 70 degrees.

I'd appreciate someone who knows the answer to please tell me.

Thanks.

Bob

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html