Re: [British-cars] India's Tata to buy Land Rover and Jaguar.

To: British Cars SOL <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [British-cars] India's Tata to buy Land Rover and Jaguar.
From: Glen Wilson <rovercar@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:39:02 -0400
Norm 2Bs wrote:
> As for Rover -- well, I knew the guy who started them in the U.S.  He did
> good.  Even set them up in Maryland instead of Detroit, New York or LA.  I
> don't know how their sales or quality has been lately.  But, let's see.

Rover?  Surely your confusing your companies. I think my old Rover
brochures mostly say Leonia, NJ on them. Perhaps you're speaking of the
Johnny-come-lately agricultural vehicle that was such a cash cow for the
Rover Company following WWII after the company had already been in
business for around 45 years. "One of Britain's Fine Cars" and one heck
of a tractor. I think Land Rover had some offices in Maryland in recent
years. Maybe those are the people you're thinking of. Land Rover North
America seems to be back in Bergen County again in Mahwah, New Jersey.