Re: [British-cars] India's Tata to buy Land Rover and Jaguar.

To: British Cars SOL <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [British-cars] India's Tata to buy Land Rover and Jaguar.
From: Glen Wilson <rovercar@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:34:14 -0400
Norm 2Bs wrote:
> Yes, Glen, it's LAND Rover.  Set up in Lanham, MD headed up by a guy from
> VWoA,P+A.
>
> And, all of the Ford groups are in Mahwah on property that used to be the
> site of the Ford plant.
>
> Norm
Norm,

Really?  I thought that was all Sharp USA and that big hotel. There
aren't any signs for Ford or Land Rover around the old plant. My
grandmother's house was right behind the Ford plant up the hill from the
back entrance. There was a bridge across the Ramapo River that I used to
throw sticks off of and a little corner store that sold bubble gum
cigars. When that plant closed (decades ago) it was a huge blow to the
area, but Mahwah is chock full of corporate headquarters, now. There are
some really bad ecological problems back in the nearby hills across the
NY state lines where all kinds of stuff (especially auto paint) was
simply dumped. Now the paint is coming up out of the ground and also
poisoning the water table. I don't know how much Ford knew about the
dumping. It might have been some illegal dumper, but they must have
known something.

I live near Philadelphia, now, where nothing so shady could ever take
place.  ;-)

Glen