RE: power increase?

To: "'Jonathan Davidson'" <s348335@student.uq.edu.au>,
Subject: RE: power increase?
From: Simon Sparrow <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:40:29 +1300
I have a Rover P5B, and I used to have the same spec engine as you (now
a P76 with 5-speed, but thats another story...).

For budget performance, you could replace the standard air cleaner
assembly with a conical K&N filter for each SU carb. This is reputedly
worth about 15 HP. You could also replace the muffler or the entire
exhaust system from the manifolds with a freer flowing one. This may
also be worth about 10-15 HP. All relatively cheap stuff. I had my
exhaust made up by the Pit Stop here in NZ, good value for money.

Simon